New Youtube video up, gives a preview of Howl along with some explanations of the origins.
A downloadable adventure
Released as part of A Town, a Forest, a Dungeon, a Cairn game jam.
Shipwrecked on a desolate shore. Cursed by demonic forces. Surrounded by undead horrors at every turn. Can your adventurers brave the lost caverns and solve the curse of the Barghest?
Howl is a 44-page, black and red adventure for Cairn, with a setting inspired by English folklore and Ravenloft. Set in the world of Boroz, an accursed and mist-shrouded land filled with dangerous creatures and eldritch influence.
- 8 overland locations & 12 dungeon rooms filled with lost mysteries and dark secrets.
- 20 horrifying new monsters, from the dim-witted wereowl to the terrifying gharblest.
- Converted & updated for Cairn from 5e adventure The Howling Caverns.
What People Are Saying
Clayton Notestine (@ClayNotestine), designer and educator:
The information design brings a tear to my eye.
[HOWL] distinguishes itself through its organization, visual clarity, and overall user-friendliness.
In order to download this adventure you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of £6 GBP. You will get access to the following files:
- Added new colour highlights, v1.368 days ago
- Update following feedback, v1.279 days ago
- Layout update, new dungeon mini-maps, v1.186 days ago
- Release, v1.0! New maps, art, and finalised layout.92 days ago
- Added new dungeon map, update to v0.696 days ago
- Updated layout, added some art, v0.598 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
COLIN!!! As always, this is FREAKING DOPE!
This may be an obvious question, but since this is converted & updated for Cairn, would it also work for Runecairn?
You can use it for Runecairn with some minor changes:
- Change WIL to Wits or Spirit
- Change critical damage effects to dire strike
- Add a bonfire to the beginning of the dungeon
The setting era will be a little off, but it should still work.
Will work for We Deal in Lead as well!